Launching a New Cluster¶
This section describes how Admins can launch new Enterprise Steam clusters. From this page, Admins can also add H2O drivers (engines) into an Enterprise Steam environment without launching a cluster by performing only Step 3 below. Once added, these drivers will be available to all Enterprise Steam standard users (or any user who has View Engine permissions).
Note: Admins can add H2O drivers (with or without launching a new cluster).
- On your local machine, download the h2odriver from the H2O Download page. Be sure to select the version that corresponds with your version of Hadoop. For example:
- In the Enterprise Steam UI, navigate to the Clusters page and select Launch New Cluster.
- Specify the cluster profile to use when setting up the new cluster. Cluster profiles are configured by the Admin on the Configurations page and provide the allowed min and max values for each options in a cluster profile.
- Specify values for the options below. Once added, other Enterprise Steam users will be able to connect to this cluster. Note that H2O drivers can be added without creating a new cluster.
- Cluster Name: Specify a name for this cluster.
- Number of Nodes: Specify the number of nodes for the cluster.
- (Java) Memory per Node (in GB): Specify the amount of memory that should be available on each node.
- Number of YARN Virtual Cores per Node: Specify the number of virtual cores.
- Number of H2O Threads per Node: Specify the number of threads (CPUs) to use in the cluster. Leave this blank to use all available threads.
- Maximum Idle Time: Specify the maximum number of hours that the cluster can be idle before gracefully shutting down. Leave this blank to turn off this setting and allow the cluster to remain idle for an unlimited amount of time.
- Maximum Uptime: Specify the maximum number of hours that the cluster can be running. Leave this blank to turn off this setting and allow the cluster to remain up for an unlimited amount of time.
- Extra Memory: Specify the amount of extra memory for internal JVM use outside of the Java heap. This is a percentage of memory per node. The default (and recommended) value is 10%.
- YARN Queue: If your cluster contains queues for allocating cluster resources, specify a queue for this cluster. Note that the YARN Queue cannot contain spaces.
In the H2O Version section, select an existing engine, or click the Please select an engine dropdown. Click the Browse button, and navigate to the H2O driver that you just downloaded. Note that this button is only available to Admins. Once added, a message will display indicating that the engine was successfully uploaded.
Click Launch New Clusters to start the new cluster.
Upon successful completion, the cluster will appear on the Clusters page.