Roles determine the activities/permissions that an Enterprise Steam user can perform within your environment. Enterprise Steam ships with two default roles: admin and standard user. These default roles are sufficient for most Enterprise Steam deployments and, in general, should not be changed. You can create additional roles, however, if you require more granularity in the way that your users access and utilize Enterprise Steam.
- At the top of the Configurations page, click the Create Role button.
- Specify a name and description for the role.
- Select the permissions that will be granted to this role.
- Click Create Role at the bottom of the form when you are done.
Admins can add or remove permissions for each role directly on the Roles tab.
- Select the checkbox for the correspoding permission and role that you want to change
- Click Review Changes at the bottom of the page. A popup displays, providing you with a summary of the changes.
- Click the Confirm button beside each change that you want to make, then click Save Changes to complete the update.
On the Roles tab, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the trashcan icon under the Role column that you want to delete. A confirmation page will display, prompting you to confirm the deletion. Click Confirm to remove the role.