Install on AWS¶
- Log in to your AWS account at https://aws.amazon.com.
- In the upper right corner of the Amazon Web Services page, make sure that the location drop-down is US East (N Virginia).
- Select the EC2 option under the Compute section to open the EC2 Dashboard.
- Click the Launch Instance button under the Create Instance section.
- Under Community AMIs, search for h2oai, and then select the version that you want to launch.
- On the Choose an Instance Type page, select GPU compute in the Filter by dropdown. This will ensure that your Driverless AI instance will run on GPUs. Select a GPU compute instance from the available options. (We recommend at least 32 vCPUs.) Click the Next: Configure Instance Details button.
- Specify the Instance Details that you want to configure. Create a VPC or use an existing one, and ensure that “Auto-Assign Public IP” is enabled and associated to your subnet. Click Next: Add Storage.
- Specify the Storage Device settings. Note again that Driverless AI requires 10 GB to run and will stop working of less than 10 GB is available. The machine should have a minimum of 30 GB of disk space. Click Next: Add Tags.
- If desired, add unique Tag name to identify your instance. Click Next: Configure Security Group.
- Add the following security rules to enable SSH access to Driverless AI and to (optionally) enable access to H2O Flow, then click Review and Launch.
|Custom TCP Rule||TCP||12345||Anywhere 0.0.0.0/0||Launch DAI|
|Custom TCP Rule||TCP||54321||Anywhere 0.0.0.0/0||Optional access to H2O Flow|
- Review the configuration, and then click Launch.
- A popup will appear prompting you to select a key pair. This is required in order to SSH into the instance. You can select your existing key pair or create a new one. Be sure to accept the acknowledgement, then click Launch Instances to start the new instance.
- Upon successful completion, a message will display informing you that your instance is launching. Click the View Instances button to see information about the instance including the IP address. The Connect button on this page provides information on how to SSH into your instance.
- Open a Terminal window and SSH into the IP address of the AWS instance. Replace the DNS name below with your instance DNS.
ssh -i "mykeypair.pem" email@example.com
- At this point, you can copy data into the data directory on the host machine using
scp. (Note that the data folder already exists.) For example:
scp <data_file>.csv firstname.lastname@example.org:/home//data
The data will be visible inside the Docker container.
- Connect to Driverless AI with your browser:
Stopping the EC2 Instance¶
The EC2 instance will continue to run even when you close the aws.amazon.com portal. To stop the instance:
- On the EC2 Dashboard, click the Running Instances link under the Resources section.
- Select the instance that you want to stop.
- In the Actions drop down menu, select Instance State > Stop.
- A confirmation page will display. Click Yes, Stop to stop the instance.