Install on Mac OS X¶
This section describes how to install and start the Driverless AI Docker image on Mac OS X. Note that this uses regular Docker and not NVIDIA Docker. GPU support will not be available.
- This is an extremely memory-constrained environment for experimental purposes only. Stick to small datasets!
- Be aware that there are known performace issues with Docker for Mac. More information is available here: https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/osxfs/#technology.
- Retrieve the Driverless AI package from https://www.h2o.ai/driverless-ai-download/
- Download and run Docker for Mac from https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/install
- Adjust the amount of memory given to Docker to be at least 10 GB. Driverless AI won’t run at all with less than 10 GB of memory. You can optionally adjust the number of CPUs given to Docker. You will find the controls by clicking on (Docker Whale)->Preferences->Advanced as shown in the following screenshots. (Don’t forget to Apply the changes after setting the desired memory value.)
- With Docker running, open a Terminal. Navigate to the location of your downloaded Driverless AI and enter the following command, replacing X.Y.Z below with your Driverless AI Docker image version (for example, 1.0.16).
$ docker load < driverless-ai-docker-runtime-rel-X.Y.Z.gz
- Set up the data, log, license, and tmp directories.
$ mkdir data $ mkdir log $ mkdir license $ mkdir tmp
- Copy data into the data directory on the host. The data will be visible inside the Docker container at /data.
- Start the Driverless AI Docker image with docker. GPU support will not be available.
$ docker run \ --rm \ -u `id -u`:`id -g` \ -p 12345:12345 \ -p 54321:54321 \ -p 9090:9090 \ -v `pwd`/data:/data \ -v `pwd`/log:/log \ -v `pwd`/license:/license \ -v `pwd`/tmp:/tmp \ opsh2oai/h2oai-runtime
- Connect to Driverless AI with your browser at http://localhost:12345.